Friday, May 26, 2017

Activism Project Review:Girls Education Overseas

In class we've been presenting our own projects based off of activism. Activism means when you campaign for a society or world problem. My project was based off of girls education overseas. While I learnt about this certain topic I acknowledged that girls education in different countries is getting worse every year. For example, The U.S pays $26 billion each year just so all people around the world can receive basic education. And that's five percent less then what we give to the U.S military. I think that if the government wasn't spending money on war all the time and having their focus on it so much, we could help education overseas a lot more than how we are now. But because how I see America runs, our efforts to help aren't effective at all. If I were to be one of these girls I'd feel powerless and underestimated because I wouldn't be able to stop them from remove me from education I need for my future and I would be looked at dumb by people because I wasn't able to receive that information. I'd be looked at as if I wasn't worth anything because Ineouodnt be able to help out in things like I'd like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe Speech

In my ELA class we are doing I Believe speeches. The speeches are supposed to be about what do we believe in and why based off of our person...