Monday, May 8, 2017

"Forever..."Judy Blume

The first book I read the last quater of this school year is, "Forever..." written by Judy Blume. The novel is realistic fiction and it's mainly about a girl named Katherine Daziger and Michael Wagner. They're both seniors in high school and had met each other at a friends party. When they had seen each other, they couldn't have helped but looked at each other multiple times. It was technically love at first. After awhile they'd got together and spent as much of time together possible before they both went away to college. Throughout this book Katherine and Michael experience their firsts at things like physical relationships and teenage problems. As of how every teenager experience things around them, they take it very maturely and stick to their own pace respectively. That is until summer comes up, the month everyone dreams of after school, when their seperated due to summer jobs that are bot in different states for a long period of time.

      I personally like this book because it teaches and demonstrates that you shouldn't rushed to do anything you do or don't want to do. It also teaches how to respect others and be responsible with you choices. I'd recommend this book to people who can take mature content because it does talk about sexual interactions and teen suicide. Although this book is realistic fiction, the problems inside seem similar to reality problems. My favorite quote from this book is (Chapter 2:Page7), "It's true that I come on strong with my sarcastic act sometimes, but only when I'm interested in a guy. Otherwise I can be as nice and friendly as they come. Erica says that means I'm insecure. Maybe she's right – – I just don't know." I like this quote because I know for when I personally meet someone it's always as if I immediately put a mask on my face because I'm never confident in they way I might interact with that person. At points it's different also, it just determines the way they approach me. What I take out of this book is that you do t have to rush to do anything because you're not pressured to do things you don't feel comfortable doing. Taking your time is respecting your self and others. Thinking that the world isn't going to function because something bad comes up into your life is never the ending result. Things will get better and you'll learn from your experiences that you've faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe Speech

In my ELA class we are doing I Believe speeches. The speeches are supposed to be about what do we believe in and why based off of our person...