Friday, April 28, 2017

Quick Write 3: Powerful vs. Powerless

For anyone, there are times when people feel powerless. When they feel powerless, it's like when they feel like they aren't capable of doing something, such as accomplishing a goal. But people also feel powerful. When they feel powerful, it's like when they feel like they are strong and successful. For me I have felt powerful and powerless in times of my life. I remember when last year I went to my great aunts house and she'd asked me how were my grades doing everything containing school. At that time I was struggling with understanding the work and turning it in. I had told her that I didn't have the confidence to get help from my teacher because I didn't want to hold back any students that understood already for a period of time. She told me that I should have the confidence in anything in particular because I am the future. As this generation, what we do now determines what happens in the future. Meaning that we can control what can happen for the next generation to come. When she said this to me it made me feel powerful because it lets me know that I have the power to change anything and that no one can tell me different. Times when I feel powerless is when my parents or any adult in particular tells that I can't do something or have a say that contains for my life. Usually, goes to really saying that my opinion doesn't matter because to them it doesn't mean anything. When people do this, it makes me feel like I'm not worthy or capable to do anything. It gives me the hesitation to even demonstrate on how I feel. Especially when loved ones tell you this, it really brings me down and makes me think what's the purpose in trying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe Speech

In my ELA class we are doing I Believe speeches. The speeches are supposed to be about what do we believe in and why based off of our person...